Saturday, August 29, 2009
Birth-Tears
I love this poem by Mattie J.T. Stepanek, 1990-2004.
Birth-Tears
When I was a little
Teen-tiny baby
And I came out of
My mommy's womb,
I cried.
That's what most babies
Do when they are born.
Do you know why
I cried when I was born?
I cried for the same
Reason that most babies
Cry when they are born.
I cried because I was so happy.
I cried because I got to come
And live in this family.
I cried because God was
So good to let me have
The best mommy in the world.
And that is why most
Babies cry when they are born...
They are happy birth-tears
Because we are so happy
To be in the best families.
June 1996 (he was 6 years old).
Birth-Tears
When I was a little
Teen-tiny baby
And I came out of
My mommy's womb,
I cried.
That's what most babies
Do when they are born.
Do you know why
I cried when I was born?
I cried for the same
Reason that most babies
Cry when they are born.
I cried because I was so happy.
I cried because I got to come
And live in this family.
I cried because God was
So good to let me have
The best mommy in the world.
And that is why most
Babies cry when they are born...
They are happy birth-tears
Because we are so happy
To be in the best families.
June 1996 (he was 6 years old).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment