Wednesday, August 5, 2009

twin inspiration

I am very proud of the fact that I carried my twins full term and they were big and healthy. I breastfed them for a year. Those are two of my biggest accomplishments in life.


Here's a few pictures to go down memory lane:



6# 9 oz and 7#13 oz


The morning of my c-section--on last belly picture


the night before

I did have them by scheduled c-section at 39 weeks because they were both breech. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have done much more to encourage them to turn. I did nothing because I knew nothing. No one told me about positioning, webster chiropractic techniques, or moxibustion. I wish I would have known. I also would have waited to go into labor on my own, because they still might have turned head down. My doctor wanted to do the delivery at 37 weeks but I convinced him to wait until 39. I also wish I would have seen a midwife, but the CNM I was seeing dropped me when we found out I was having twins.

Anyway, I found this AWESOME, amazing video today about twin natural births, many of them home births. Oh how I wish I would have had this information then. But if I can pass this on to anyone, I will be happy. I cried through the whole video. It's very inspiring and so sweet. It *almost* makes me want to have twins again.




3 comments:

  1. You always have the best videos! I met a woman whose daughter went to preschool with my son. She's got 4 daughters, her youngest two are twins. As we got to talking (I was pregnant at the time) I mentioned that I was going to be trying for VBAC and she got all smiley and said "oh I'm a VBAC mom too" and I was all confused and said "oh you must have VBACed your second daughter because your twins couldn't have been it right?" "No. It was my twins." I couldn't even believe it! I asked her where on earth she found a supportive provider....she actually found a high-risk OB who supported her efforts to try VBAC. Of course he had all sorts of stipulations but it worked out for her....I'll never forget that conversation....I love seeing just how many out there DO birth their twins naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love your pictures too! Your twins are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be very proud! I was in the same boat as you with not knowing that you could do anything to turn breech twins. My OB wouldn't even attempt to move them, he said there were too many horror stories involved. I believed him, but I wish I would have done some research myself.

    ReplyDelete