Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Another Birth
Sunday night I got called by my client in labor. I left my house at midnight and got home at noon the next day. Needless to say after doing an all-nighter Thursday night I am quite tired. But it's worth it! The couple did fantastic together and the mom had an all natural, wonderful birth. Her doctor really respected her birth plan. Mom was patient, strong, and super sweet during her birth. She labored in a lot of different positions, including sitting on a birth ball, leaning over the birth ball, walking the halls, resting in bed on her side, standing and hugging her husband, standing in the shower, using a squat bar, and even sitting on the toilet. With education, desire, and a supportive birth team, childbirth without drugs is very achievable! It is a privilege to be at births as a doula, and I am very excited that I've found this path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so cool! I can't wait to start my career in this. It sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWho watches your kids? That's one wrinkle I'm trying to iron out before I want to get certified.
ReplyDeleteYes, that is a big stressor for me. I have several babysitters in the ward I could call, as well as my in-laws. Also, I usually have some warning that I will be in a birth soon. I tell them to call me even if they think they might be in labor, before they need me so I can set things up.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome blog. And seriously I think what you are doing makes you so cool. Lol I really admire it. After my last birth, I waited FOUR hours to see my baby for the first time after my C-section. It was torture.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome Sarah! How neat to be a part of these amazing births. I'm sure you are a wonderful doula:)
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! I added your blog to my list of favorite blogs on my newly created birth blog....I hope that you don't mind. Let me know if you do and I'll remove it. ;o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great feeling to have found your path! I would love, absolutely love to be able to do a homebirth or something different than the traditional induced, shot, lay down, give birth. I think it so wonderful that you are able to help and support other women with their birthing plans. We need more people like you :-)
ReplyDelete