Friday, June 12, 2009

VBAmC

I remember the first time I learned the phrase VBA2C. I thought it was a beautiful acryonym, because it represented hope. I love reading about VBAmC stories (VBAC after multiple cesareans).
Here is a link that has links to many VBAmC stories.

Here is a medical review titled Vaginal Birth a Safe Option After Multiple C-sections

ICAN is an amazing group. Joining it and getting involved with the "other side" of birth has changed my life!

As I learned about VBA2C the past year I shared my feelings on my blog. I have been so grateful to friends who have made encouraging comments. Here's what one friend said :

"I was just thinking about telling you that twice a C-section does not a third c-section make. I watched a video my sister sent recently...after 3 c-sections this woman had her 4th naturally. I think that it is the most soul satisfying, empowering experience to give birth naturally...it is really a hallmark of my life.I know you can do it and I'm so impressed with your desire! Desire is the key!"

Another said:
"I am so glad you have found a positive way to move forward with your grief. Becoming more educated, and helping to educate others are good ways to move on. Doesn't learning more make you want to have another baby right away, just to prove you can do it? "

Support from like minded friends and blogging friends is so helpful!

Here's the link to my original post when I learned about VBA2C. Also here's a cool video from ICAN!



I have watched that probably about 15 times but I still get teary eyed. I am so thankful that there are many strong women who have paved the way.

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome video! I think I'll post it too!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted it on my blog, referencing here. This movie was absolutely amazing! There is always hope, you just have to know where to look!
    Thank you for posting this, and I know you can be one of the women on this video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 beautiful children, thankfully uncomplicated natural deliveries but I love reading your blog because I am a birth addict (I'm actually considering becoming a midwife). I know that you can do a HBAmC.

    I loved the video & the link to the VBAmC stories. It is so empowering to hear the triumph of women in birthing naturally. One of the VBAmC stories was a VBA7C...incredible, & to think that so many still think once a c/s always a c/s (so glad that studies are showing VBAmC to be safe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an award at my blog!

    http://kaycesdoulajourney.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-first-award-show.html

    ReplyDelete