Thursday, May 7, 2009
educated birth
Here's an encouraging little video about educating yourself in birth. I think we need to educate ourselves more. I thought I knew a lot, but now I wish I would have known more.
I was talking to a nanny at the park yesterday, and she told me "Oh I love kids but I'm so scared to have them!" "Why?" I asked. "Oh I'm so scared of the pregnancy and the labor and birth!"
It makes me a little sad, this lack of faith in a woman's ability to give birth. Most of the time, women can. Certainly a third of us don't need to be sectioned, and yet here we are with a 31% c-section rate.
I was talking to a nanny at the park yesterday, and she told me "Oh I love kids but I'm so scared to have them!" "Why?" I asked. "Oh I'm so scared of the pregnancy and the labor and birth!"
It makes me a little sad, this lack of faith in a woman's ability to give birth. Most of the time, women can. Certainly a third of us don't need to be sectioned, and yet here we are with a 31% c-section rate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment