Monday, June 1, 2009
Update Central DuPage
Central DuPage Hospital, or CDH, has a 46% c-section rate and a 99% epidural rate. Correlation? Or just a reflection of the birthing culture in our area at this time? I think it's probably both.
*I found this out through my doula trainer, who is seeing one of the doctors' groups that delivers there. She asked him what the hospital c-section and epidural rate is, and that is what he told her. I'm guessing the 46% is an exact status and the 99% is his way of saying "almost everyone" gets an epidural. (She is having her third home birth by the way, and is just seeing them for the first part of her pregnancy--they do know this).
*I found this out through my doula trainer, who is seeing one of the doctors' groups that delivers there. She asked him what the hospital c-section and epidural rate is, and that is what he told her. I'm guessing the 46% is an exact status and the 99% is his way of saying "almost everyone" gets an epidural. (She is having her third home birth by the way, and is just seeing them for the first part of her pregnancy--they do know this).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

46%!!! Wow that is scary!
ReplyDelete