Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Breastfeeding report card

United States stats of breastfeeding rates, broken down by state.
Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Rock on Utah! This is so interesting. When I went to the pediatrician today, he asked what formulas I used with Audrie (since Eli has a milk allergy...I guess). I told him she was exclusively breastfed through 6 months and never had formula (she HATED it when if we tried to give it to her when I went to the temple), he was also suprised that I breastfed her past one year. Long story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go UT!!

    It's so sad to me that so few American babies get breastfed for 6 months, and even fewer for a year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Utah and Oregon came out well. I couldn't help noticing that a lot of southern states were on the low end. Wonder why, exactly.

    ReplyDelete