Saturday, November 14, 2009

The NBC Video

Here it the video from the news segment on the VBAC birth that I had the privilege to attend as a doula 2 months ago. I am so proud of Jen for sharing her story! She is an amazing woman and I'm sure her story will help others. It is all over the birth blogs now and I think it's worth looking into for the broader issues that the news segment doesn't cover, mainly VBAC.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcchicago.com/video.



The Unneccesarean does a great job covering the story, with links to Jen's birth story that she wrote and links to the ICAN of DuPage leader who was guiding Jen during the last few weeks as to what her rights are. She played a big role in helping Jen. I was so happy for Jen when she had her vaginal birth after cesarean, and so happy now that her important story is being told.

3 comments:

  1. My jaw is on the floor! That is seriously CRAZY! I can't believe it. can this be for real? I'm so glad it ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear she got her story out, Sarah! We really need to change the medical-legal environment in the US so that OB/Gyns don't feel that their risk of legal battles outweighs taking good care of their patients.

    ReplyDelete