Thursday, November 5, 2009
Kindergarten birth stories
I was just in my boys school for some volunteer time. On the walls were displayed one of their recent projects called "On the day I was born". They got to dress up and decorate a life size paper doll, bring a baby picture, and tell a bit about their births (Moms mainly filled this part out). Of course I had so much fun reading the birth stories and I came away very encouraged! Many of the stories were like this: "You came so fast! The doctor didn't make it!" or "You came so fast daddy almost wasn't there" or "It was so quick the doctor had to catch you like a football!" or "I just gave one push!" Seriously, it seems half the births mentioned being fast. There was one planned home birth "You were born in a tub at home surrounded by your family" and one emergency home birth "You came so fast I had you at home and then we called the ambulance". One sheet said "You were a breastfed baby". Another said "You were born breech".
The kids were all so excited about the project. It was so fun to see them displayed on the walls and remember once again the wonder of birth!
The kids were all so excited about the project. It was so fun to see them displayed on the walls and remember once again the wonder of birth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just wanted to say congrats on the certification! That is awesome! I would love to have you as my doula. I love this blog. It shows me over and over how powerful women are. Birth is so amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat must have been so neat to read all of those. Born breech?! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat! I should suggest that to my daughter's kindergarten teacher! :-)
ReplyDelete